This is a blog post explaining why I have changed my mind on the 'Why you cannot see my Subscriber count' topic. For that I got one word: calibration.
I think that whether or not the number is showing or that people will look at my work same if they get in contact with me. I still think I am right about the expectations when people comment, but that I hope will change when they actually do get replied to and learn what my channel is about.
Today I was thinking about the reason why people are interested in the Subscriber count as a whole: it's because it's one of the more obvious and easiest measurements/indicators of success on YouTube. And that leads to two things: one reason is that people are looking for underdog stories and upcoming content creators. And secondly, it's a part of a channel's story. How you can map when you started watching a channel and look how it's preforming in comparison.
I expect people now to make comments on how I changed my mind - and that's OK. It should be to where people change their mind when they think they have a better idea or solution to something. How else would the world develop positively, haha. That's probably a bit too drastic, but I am trying to be funny as it's such a minor thing to talk about in the first place.
As I am writing this we are currently 34 days away from the worldwide release date for Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon and I am excited. I have been preparing for the release of these games for months now and have been gaining experience in what I am going to execute on during the USUM era for years at this point. I am curious and excited to see how many videos I can make and how many people I can help. I hope my channel is of value to people.
Thank you for reading this blog post. I'd like to hear your feedback on this post (and other posts if you've read any!), so if you have a Twitter account or an email (mine: email@example.com) I'd be happy to get in contact with you!
The video under is of me explaining why I had the Subscriber Count set to private the past year or so. I am not changing my thoughts behind that decision, I think it was beneficial for me during that period. Now I would like to have it public - I think people would be more happy to see me respond when they see that I have a following on YouTube and that I respect them and take their comments seriously and spend time with my audience.
I've recently wanted to change up my way of going about Patreon. I'd like it to be a place for some previews as for what is to come, but I make my posts public so that everyone can see. I think Patrons are the only ones who can comment on those directly, so if you have any feedback you can hit me up on twitter, on Discord on by my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reason is that I'd like to give back more to those who make it possible for me to make more and better quality content for everyone. That there are currently 4 people who believe in my work to the point of wanting to support me financially means a lot. I'd like to show proper appreciation for that.
Right now there is a post over at Patreon discussing the idea of having a Pokemon Trivia series on my channel and I'd like some input on what peolpe would think of that. I have 5 topics that I'd like to make into videos and I also want to make videos based on suggestions from you!
At last I'd like to challenge myself and invite other content creators and ask them if they'd like to work together on a pair of videos. I'd like to work together with Ozzymitsu, Barnaby, Mr Buddy and Bird Keeper Toby at some point.
If you are to head over to Patreon and read the post I'd be very happy!
Thank you so much for reading!
After such a good listen (I listen to the audiobook version!) I just had to sit down and make somewhat a review of the book. It's just under 4 hours to listen to and if you have a passion that you would like to turn into your career it is definetly a book that will make you think and broaden your perspective of things.
I am quite a fan of Gary Vaynerchuk and his spheal. The past 10 months I've been consuming a lot of his content, mainly on YouTube, but also quite a bit on Instagram. Most of what he is talking about is for aspiring entrepreneurs. I would strongly argue that his content, perspective of work and life and various statements that are highlighted in his daily vlog, DailyVee, are very much for everyone in my opinion! Because they go deep on basic values and the mindset one need to live life to its fullest.
The book was interesting until chapter 9, but after that it really took off in my opinion. Some of my favorite statements in the book was:
'Look everywhere for inspiration' - Chapter 12
'Lucky #13' - Chapter 13 (my favorite number is 13)
'Legacy > currency' - Chapter 13
'The process is greater than the result' - Chapter 14
I was listening to the audiobook on Audible where you can get a free book the first 30 days during your test-period where you don't have to pay for the first month. If you'd like to listen to this book too you can click the image below or have a look here:
"Crush It!: Why NOW Is the Time to Cash In on Your Passion" by Gary Vaynerchuk. Get it here
I am sorry I haven't too much more to say about this book. I think it's because I have been consuming such large volumes by Gary Vaynerchuk the past 10 months to the point where there were only few things that stood out, other than that it made me think. I am currently listening to his other book: The Thank You Economy, which I have had great enjoyment of the past days! That book I will for sure have a lot of cool things to say about! I see a lot of reviews are 5 stars and positive and so I look forward to write a review of that book too when I've enjoyed that book as well.
Thank you for reading!
I've secretly been waiting and been really excited for the day I would buy an upgraded licence for TubeBuddy and today was that day! I thank @robertoblake for the discount code: robertosbuddy to let me get TubeBuddy at a 20% discount!
TubeBuddy is a tool that I will have a lot of use in. I already use it to research future video topics and decide what the best tags for my videos can be. The reason why I waited to buy a STAR LICENCE before now is that I haven't had that much use of the BULK EDITING features that it offers. Now as I want to spend more time making how to videos this is essential for making it possible for me to produce videos faster.
TubeBuddy recently made an affiliate program for its services and by clicking the image below you will make use of my affiliate link: https://www.tubebuddy.com/npc
In this article I will do in-depth on the mechanics behind Happiness in the Pokemon games. You can have a look at the video on the same topic in the end of this article.
The first, and probably most important, thing to know about happiness, is that likewise to EVs and IVs, you cannot actually see the Happiness stat in the current Pokemon games. You may feed your Poke Beans in the Pokemon Refresh or Pokemon Amie features, the Pokemon may jump real excitedly and smile at you, but none of these has anything to do with the Happiness stat. You may have a look at the Misconceptions picture below or read on Bulbapedia here.
To not make this article lengthy, I'd like to make a section with everything to know about Pokemon Happiness:
1. Happiness and Friendliness is the same thing!
2. Be aware of the many misconceptions surrounding this mechanic.
3. You can make use of Pomeg Berry, Kelpsy Berry, Qualot Berry, Hondew Berry, Grepa Berry or Tomato Berry to increase a Pokemon's Happiness.
4. The Happiness stat was introduced in Pokemon Yellow, exclusively for the Trainer's Pikachu.
5. In Pokemon Gold and Silver all Pokemon got their own Happiness stat.
6. From Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire and onwards, Pokemon may have different Friendliness values when obtained.
7. Most Pokemon start at a base happiness value of 70.
8. The Cleffa line, the Happiny line, Lopunny and the Lake Trio (Azelf, Uxie and Mesprit) are all starting at 140.
9. Pokemon like Mewtwo, Lugia and Ho-Oh (among others) will start at 0.
10. There are a few exceptions to what base value a Pokemon has when obtained: If caught in a Friend Ball the Pokemon will start at 200 and if a Pokemon is hatched from and Egg it will start at 120.
11. You need max Happiness to obtain the Footprint Ribbon.
12. The moves Return and Frustration are dependent on the Pokemon's Happiness.
13. The moves Draco Meteor and Hydro Canon (among others) are said to need high or max happiness in order to be taught.
14. There are Friendliness Raters in the Pokemon games. Certain NPCs in-game will tell you an approximate of your Pokemon's Happiness value.
15. Certain Pokemon evolve when their Happiness stat is above 220. Have a look at the pictures below to see a list of these Pokemon!
Increase and decrease Happiness
A Pokemon's Happiness will increase by:
- Level up
- The use of vitamins and friendship-raising berries
- Walking 128 steps
A Pokemon's Happiness will decrease by:
- Letting the Pokemon faint
- The use of Energy Powder, Heal Powder, Energy Root or Revival Herb
Finally I got to sit down and make another Episode in the Pokemon Explained series! This one has been a necessity to make because of all the questions regarding happiness and friendliness in Pokemon. I hope people will recieve this video well! There have been some neat visual upgrades in the making of this video that you will hopefully enjoy.
The next project is to make a video about Shiny Pokemon in the Pokemon Gold and Silver games!
Recently I got a couple new items that I wanted to unbox on the channel and feature in the SHOP. This included a Hand Counter, a Microphone Arm Stand and a new Tripod for my phone. I was pretty satisfied with all of those items. I am currently working on a new Pokemon Explained Episode and waiting for my sheduled upload for 9:00 PM GMT+2 to go live to respond to some comments.
I am a YouTube enthusiast. I like learning everything there is to know about the platform and that is why I have decided to start bloging about it I'd like to write about changes when I see them and I would also like to share my knowledge on different things about the platform in the shape of YouTube tips. These you can find under the category 'YouTube Tips'.
These days YouTube is rolling out a lot of changes as you may know. You can have a look at their page here summing everything up if you'd like! Youtube changes
These changes include:
- Night Mode (FINALLY)
- New design on channel home pages
- New design on video watch page
- On mobile you will now see a "Suggested channels" tab
- And more!
They also changed their logo, which was explianed to be more practical across their platforms.
Thank you for reading!
Daniel out ^-^
Things are starting to happen. School started about two weeks ago and I've been trying to get ahead to make myself more able to spend time on my NirthPanter stuff. As of now I am remaking my guide template and trying to make everything more efficient so I can make more and better quality content for everyone. Today I've done a couple changes to nirthpanter.net which you can see below. There have been a whole bunch of updates since my first post!
UPDATES at nirthpanter.net
- The HOME page has a new look with less, but more precise elements
- BLOG has now replaced the SOCIAL page which is now under MORE
- BLOG has a new profile image, my flavor text is now 'Graditude is key'
- I'M NEW has been close to totally rebuilt. It now contains a paragraph of what my goal is. My Best videos playlist is now under the goal section and a twitch widget has been added as well. Answers under the FAQ has been slightly updated and is now under the I'M NEW page
- The count down for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon is now under SHOP which has has a new background color under the top of the page explaining Affiliate Links
UPDATES in general
- New layout in guides will shortly come to life
- Patrons can now have the option to fire off a monthly 'I've been a Patron for (number) months!
- If you purchase anything from the NirthPanter profile on Teepublic during a livestream a notification will appear
- When people subscribe on YouTube a notification will appear
[LAST EDITED: 6:02 PM GMT+2 27.08.17]
Discord now has the three unique emojis as shown in the picture! Patreon has had some major changes. There is now a single tier and new rewards. I want Patreon to be a place for people to support towards more and better quality content for everyone. Patrons are therefore someone who should be thanked by everyone, no matter what they want to contribute with as for amount.
UPDATES across all NirthPanter accounts
- Discord now has three emojis
- Patreon has had major changes. This includes a single tiers and new rewards
Economy student at NHH and content creator on YouTube. I am currently learning Japanese. I am a big fan of Gary Vaynerchuk, Jordan B. Peterson and Pokémon.